Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lil Wayne's New Single, 'Prom Queen,' Leaks



So Weezy said his next album was going to be a rock album and no surprise the man who never lets us down is releasing his first rock single, "Prom Queen". The track was allegedly leaked to the public as Wayne prepares the album for it's April 9th release.

After listening to the track I must say the production is on point. Though I am not a huge fan of rock, it is pleasing to the ear as far as the music goes. Lil wayne sings with the assistance of autotune through the track to achieve the desired vocals. The song is nothing really special to me but you have ears...

Lil Wayne - Prom Queen | Audio | Rap Basement

I'm guessing that Weezy is just testing out the water before he drops this rock album. Is it me or did everyone just give up on hip hop? First Nelly goes country, Kanye creates his own genre, and Lil Wayne is going rock. But all I want to hear is some fucking hip hop... O Well